Specific provision of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Provincial Ombudsman Act, 2010 on Women and Children
“The provincial ombudsman shall also promote the rights and welfare of women and children and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions shall.
- (a) advise the department or the authority concerned, as may be appropriate, on the development and co-ordination of policy relating to women and children;
- (b) encourage public bodies, schools and voluntary hospitals to develop policies, practices, welfare and procedures designed to promote the rights, welfare and health care of woman ad children, as the case may be;
- (c) collect and disseminate information on matters relating to the rights and welfare of women and children;
- (d) promote awareness among members of the public (including children of such age or ages) as he considers appropriate about matters (including the principles and provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, 1980) relating to the rights and welfare of the children and how those rights can be enforced;
- (e) highlight issues relating to the rights and welfare of woman and children;
- (f) take such other steps as he considers necessary to preserve and promote the welfare of women and children.”